Date(s) - 06/17/2017 - 06/25/2017
5th annual event embodies mountain lifestyle in the North Lake Tahoe area June 17-25
Alpenglow Sports has announced the fifth annual summer edition of its Alpenglow Mountain Festival. The nine-day (June 17-25) North Lake Tahoe mountain-lifestyle festival, is a celebration of human-powered events, clinics, presentations and more. Geared for toward the beginner and intermediate mountain sports enthusiasts, the Alpenglow Mountain Festival will showcase some of the best activities Lake Tahoe has to offer including trail running, hiking, backpacking, lakeshore yoga, standup paddleboarding, rock climbing and natural history events. The nine-day festival has over 50 individual events to chose from!
Driven by fun, community, health and education, the festival embodies the mountain lifestyle designed to inspire participants as they enjoy and explore the North Lake Tahoe outdoor playground with friends and family.
The festival offers a wonderful range of activities through daily tours, presentations and natural history excursions for outdoor enthusiasts of all interests and ability levels. The majority of events are free, so space is limited and participants are encouraged to register online.
In five short years, the event has become the premier mountain lifestyle gathering in the Western United States. By offering free, community-centric, multi-sport events, the festival has created a unique and welcoming environment for mountain enthusiasts of all walks of life. From professional athletes to beginners, yogis, and natural history buffs, the event offers a variety of mountain experiences that celebrate the Tahoe lifestyle.
Exciting new additions for 2017 include:
- Two LIVE music presentations
- Nightly informal tech talks with Osprey Packs, Western Mountaineering, the Tahoe Rim Trail Association and Tahoe Nordic Search and Rescue
- Bouldering clinic with prAna athlete/World Cup Champion Nathaniel Coleman
- More specific events for women: an overnight backpack with Michelle Shea of Adventure Dining Guide, how-to trail run clinics, and SUP clinics/tours
- Community clean-ups at Squaw Valley and Donner Summit
- Wilderness First Aid for Dogs
- Book signing with Lakes of Desolation author Mike Mullen
Additional festival highlights include:
- Guided trail runs
- Standup paddleboard clinics and tours
- Overnight backapacking
- Astronomy, wildflower, and birding natural history excursions
- The Broken Arrow Skyrace
- Trails in Motion International Film Festival
- Lakeshore yoga
- Guided hikes
- Rock climbing instruction with Alpenglow Expeditions
Registration for the nine-day mountain lifestyle event opens on Friday, May 12, 2017. Space is limited. Each event requires a deposit that is refunded upon attendance.
Complete events schedule and map of locations can be found here.
Photos by Scott Rokis Photography.
About Alpenglow Sports
Alpenglow Sports is an original California Mountain shop that has been providing locals and tourists with inspiration, local knowledge and the best equipment to enjoy the great outdoors for over thirty-five years. Based in Tahoe City, Alpenglow Sports takes pride in being community-minded and socially and environmentally responsible to ensure Lake Tahoe stays one of the best places to play, live, and visit in California.