Date(s) - 04/06/2019
6:30 am - 3:30 pm
The First Sports and Culture Festival in Bhutan’s Pristine Conservation Sanctuary
The First International Mountain Biking Events in Bhutan: 25K & 50K
The First Sports & Culture Festival in Phobjikha ValleyThe mystical Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan is a land of high mountains, deep valleys, picturesque villages and roaring rivers, and who’s King rules by a concept of ‘Gross National Happiness’. Your 25K or 50K trail running or mountain biking event through this, Buddhist-cultural-wonder, is a rare opportunity to race in an environmentally protected region while surrounded by prayer flags, chortens and remote villages. All on a user-friendly course in the only country on the planet that is carbon-negative. Post race you’ll experience a traditional Bhutanese culture festival overlooking the pristine Valley.Trail runners and mountain bikers of all abilities welcome.
Bhutan Trail & Ultra Event Info
(Looking for Mountain Bike Bhutan instead?)
Overview: 25K and 50K, Saturday, 6 April, 2019
- Pre-race packet pick up and race briefing are mandatory, and will take place in Gangtey the day prior to the race. All runners must be in Gangtey on this day.
- 25K and 50K running events both start at 6:30 AM.
- Finish line is at Gangtey Monastery.
- Awards breakfast the day after the event.
- Bhutanese culture festival the afternoon of the event.
- Novice to experienced trail and ultrarunners are all welcome.
- Pacers and crew are not allowed.
- Cut off time for both races is 9 hours.
- We will be sending out multiple pre-race information emails starting 2 months prior to the race. Please make sure we have your correct email address.
- For all registration information, please see the Registration page.
See detailed event information below
Travel to Bhutan Sports Festival
- Experience a unique cultural immersion as well as the first ever endurance sports festival in Bhutan
- Racing in and traveling to this event through the Bhutan Sports Festival travel package, will directly support the people of Bhutan as well as the endangered Black-Necked Cranes.
- For information on travel to Bhutan, click here
- For more information on Phobjikha Valley and Bhutan click here.