Date(s) - 05/04/2019
The Cosumnes Crusher will blend three awesome bike riding disciplines into one race – gravel grinding, cyclocross and sweet singletrack in Rancho Murieta.
Originally founded as Michigan Bar in 1849 along the Cosumnes River, Rancho Murieta was a boomtown that was mined extensively in the 1850’s and 60’s and produced an estimated 1,700,000 ounces of gold.
The race will traverse 38 miles of beautiful historic countryside including sections of the original gravel road route between Sutter’s Fort and Sutter’s Mill and singletrack-repurposed hydraulic mining flumes twisting through oak woodlands and over rolling green hills splashed with spring wildflower color.
Littered throughout the final stage of the race will be cyclocross obstacles including steep hill scampers, riverside sand traps, beer barrel crawls, and wooden hurdles keeping racers’ hearts pinned.
38 mile race course
The race will feature a 9:00am rolling start on Jackson Highway. The highway will be closed by CHP for a special roll out start! Course map include the first 20 miles of gravel grinding. The final 18 miles inside Rancho Murieta will not be revealed until race day!
- Race Start and Post Race Party at the Murieta Inn & Spa
- Full lunch and Craft Beer by Murieta Inn & Spa
- Course marking and management by Mark Shaw, Asa Salas-Shoemaker & Frank Shoemaker
- Klean Kanteen Steel Pint Finishers Cup
- Live music by the Cripple Creek Band
- Weekend packages at the Murieta Inn & Spa
- Friday – free bike skills clinic, packet pick-up & Pre Race Dinner
- Saturday – Cosumnes Crusher, Race Party and Kentucky Derby
- Sunday – The Great Scott Bike Event
Registration opens February 12, 2019. Learn more at totalbodyfitness.com/site/race/cosumnes-crusher-2019.