Date(s) - 07/13/2018 - 07/15/2018
Mount Judah Lodge, Sugar Bowl
From rock climbing fans, those stepping into rock climbing for the first time, veteran crag masters and all who want to enjoy Donner summit. Come gather with REI Co-op, Subaru, Kleen Kanteen, Black Diamond, Truckee Donner Land Trust and outdoor vendors for the first of its kind climber gathering, celebration, and serious love to California’s Donner crags! This is a weekend of grit, comradery and stewardship facilitated through REI skills courses with REI guides, vendor and other non-profit sponsored clinics, two nights of camping, festival games, food and beer. Join our climber auction and have a chance to climb on Saturday with professional athletes Hans Florine, Emily Harrington or Adrian Ballinger; proceeds benefit Truckee Donner Land Trust. On Saturday evening, enjoy a tasty gourmet camp dinner provided by our friends at Subaru. If you are interested in a 1-day event pass-no camping-register below in Related Links. Part of your festival registration fee goes towards stewarding the Donner summit crags, from Sunday’s crag clean-up organized by Truckee Donner Land Trust to future Donner summit preservation efforts. If you would like to get dirty restoring a portion of Donner Summit on Sunday, register to volunteer below in Related Links. REI classes are an additional registration and available in Related Links. Don’t miss out on a prime weekend of making new friends and bonding with current ones during our Saturday festivities and Sunday crag clean up!
- Friday and Saturday night camping at Judah lodge, bring your personal camping gear!
- A delicious dinner Saturday night provided by Subaru.
- A healthy breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning.
- A Saturday morning auction to climb with Hans Florine, Emily Harrington or Adrian Ballinger on Saturday. Benefits the crag clean up.
- Saturday night presentation, Subaru clinics, custom Black Diamond hat press, Black Diamond raffle, games and activities.
Fitness level 3: Moderate
Skill level 1: Beginner
Group size: 120
Instructor: REI Sierra Outdoor Programs
- Register for an REI Class at Climbfest!
- REI Climbfest: Full Day Registration Option
- Join the Crag Clean-Up-July 15
Learn more and register here.