Date(s) - 08/20/2017
Seacliff State Beach
August 20, Aptos
The Sandman Triathlon – a USAT sanctioned event – is one of Santa Cruz County’s oldest triathlons, having its inaugural race way back in 1985 in the infancy days of the sport. It is a fundraiser for the local State Parks Junior Lifeguard program and proceeds help fund scholarships for underprivileged kids so they can receive high quality water safety education. Runners start out with a .75-mile ocean swim in the Monterey Bay around the world famous cement ship, followed by a scenic 13-mile bike course through Aptos, Seascape, and Rio Del Mar. A 4-mile beach run caps what is commonly described as one of the best triathlon experiences that California has to offer.
Event details and schedule
- Packet Pickup will be available on Saturday, Aug. 19, from 12 to 4 pm at a location TBA.
- Transition Area opens at 6 a.m. Parking is available at Seacliff State Beach for $10, which supports the park.
- First wave starts promptly at 8 a.m.!
- Dualthon Bike/Run starts at approximately 8:15 a.m.
- Awards will be presented following the race. Racers must be present to receive awards.