Date(s) - 01/05/2018 - 01/07/2018
3:00 pm - 12:00 pm
Explore the “Range of Light” as John Muir so aptly called it, for the Sierras seem to emit a glow from within. This 3 day, 2 night trip includes guided snowshoe jaunts (in the valley AND on the rim), and 2 nights in a heated tent cabin — it’s truly magical!
Snowshoeing is an easy sport to learn and provides you the chance to see the less-traveled wonderland that the Yosemite backcountry offers.
Directions, details, “what to pack” list given upon registration. You’ll also be scheduled for a phone conversation with one of our expert guides to address any questions/concerns before the trip.
Guided by 2 expert, experinced, fun mountain folk from Mountain Sea Adventures.
We’ll meet at Half Dome Village on Friday 1/5 at 5pm for orientation, logistics and equipment distribution.
1/6, Snowshoe Day 1: Dewey Point, 7.8 miles r/t with incredible views of the valley! Shorter option: 4-mile r/t route through the sierra forest
1/7, Snowshoe Day 2: Valley hike to Vernal and Nevada falls along the John Muir Trail–great photo ops!
- Snowshoes and poles
- 2 nights in a heated tent in Half Dome Village
- 2 experienced guides on trail
- Transportation to/from trailhead on Yosemite shuttle
- Equipment/packing list (delivered upon registration)
- Light trail snacks
What’s NOT included?
- Warm winter clothing/gear
- Transportation to/from Yosemite. There is parking at Half Dome Village for personal cars (you will not need them as we’ll be using the Yosemite shuttle system all weekend)
- Food. There is a general store and plenty of restaurants in the valley for food. We recommend bringing your own food for lunches on the trail as well as water and warm tea if you have a thermos! Breakfasts and dinners can be enjoyed at the restaurant at Half Dome Village, or if you have a camp cooking set-up you can do that at your leisure. There are bear boxes provided for each tent.
Details & Registration: mountainseaadventures.com/snowshoe-yosemite
DATE: Jan. 5-7, 2018
THIS IS GOING TO BE SO FUN!