Who Am I?
Answer this correctly for your chance to win ENO camping lights!
• In 1972, I authored the now famous essay, “The Whole Natural Art of Protection”
• “The father of clean climbing.”-Climbing Magazine- referred to my 1973 hammerless ascent of Half Dome with Galen Rowell and Dennis Hennek. This visionary ascent was featured on the cover of National Geographic and is widely credited for ushering in the modern standard for clean climbing.
• My first ascent list includes Dark Star on Temple Crag, the longest alpine rock climb in the Sierra, V-Notch Couloir on Polemonium Peak, Ice Nine on Mt. Mendel, and the 2nd ascent of Ama Dablam in Nepal, to name a few.
• I led the first continuous ski traverse of the 250-mile John Muir Trail in 1970.
• I hold the current speed record for skiing the Sierra High Route: 50 miles and over 11,000’ elevation gain/loss in 22 hours.
• I have been climbing for 58 years.
Can you name this iconic Sierra climber?
Who Am I?
RULES & REGULATIONS: Entries must be received by mail or through the adventuresportsjournal.com contest sign-up page by 12:00am PST on March 19th, 2017. One entry per person. One winner per household. Sweepstakes open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older. Void wherever prohibited by law. Families and employees of Adventure Sports Journal and participating sponsors are not eligible. No liability is assumed for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, non-delivered or misdirected mail, or misdirected e-mail, garbled, mistranscribed, faulty or incomplete telephone transmissions, for technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connection, or failed, incomplete or delayed computer transmission or any human error which may occur in the receipt of processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. By entering the sweepstakes, entrants agree that Adventure Sports Journal and ENO … reserve the right to contact entrants multiple times with special information and offers. Adventure Sports Journal Magazine reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Winners agree that Adventure Sports Journal Magazine and participating sponsors, their subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and promotion agencies shall not be liable for injuries or losses of any kind resulting from acceptance of or use of prizes. No substitutions or redemption of cash, or transfer of prize permitted. Any taxes associated with winning any of the prizes detailed below will be paid by the winner. Winners agree to allow sponsors to use their name and pictures for purposes of promotion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All Federal, State and local laws and regulations apply. Selection of winner will be chosen at random at the Adventure Sports Journal office on or before March 22, 12:00 PM PST 2015. Winners will be contacted by the information they provided in the contest sign-up field and have 2 days to claim their prize before another winner will be picked. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received.