Who Am I?
Answer this correctly for your chance to win ENO camping lights!
• In 1972, I authored the now famous essay, “The Whole Natural Art of Protection”
• “The father of clean climbing.”-Climbing Magazine- referred to my 1973 hammerless ascent of Half Dome with Galen Rowell and Dennis Hennek. This visionary ascent was featured on the cover of National Geographic and is widely credited for ushering in the modern standard for clean climbing.
• My first ascent list includes Dark Star on Temple Crag, the longest alpine rock climb in the Sierra, V-Notch Couloir on Polemonium Peak, Ice Nine on Mt. Mendel, and the 2nd ascent of Ama Dablam in Nepal, to name a few.
• I led the first continuous ski traverse of the 250-mile John Muir Trail in 1970.
• I hold the current speed record for skiing the Sierra High Route: 50 miles and over …