Date(s) - 04/15/2023
Lake Sonoma MTB — April 15, 2023
It’s back! Lake Sonoma single track. Rides like this are what made us fall in love with mountain biking; long, flowing, challenging single loops deep in the woods. The trail conditions should be amazing in April, Hero Dirt! This loop is a 23.5 mile
There will be Osmo hydration at mile 12. You can stop to fill up or if you leave your own bottles (clearly labeled with you name) at the Windsor Bike and Sport tent at the start, we’ll have them set out for you to grab. We’ll have hydration, nutrition, and snacks for you, along with some cold Guayaki to get you home. (Maybe a cold beer too?)
There will be categories and awards for Lake Sonoma Grasshopper.
“Official” California Single Speed State Championships
Categories: M/F Pro, U18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
Registration opens: 7:30 ($75 pre reg/ +10$ day of) Juniors $35. Includes lunch, beer/cold drinks, course emergency support and awards. You will NOT need a USAC license this year.
Rider meeting: 9:45
- A crazy hard, super fun adventure with 200 of your closest cycling buddies!
- One Osmo hydration and Joje Bar feed zone. Presented by Windsor Bike and Sport and Michael and Sun Solar
- Awesome prizes at the finish from our generous sponsors
- Event timing
- Podium: top 3 all categories.
- Top 3 M/F Overall Cash prize $250/150/100
- Emergency Medical Support en route (Geyservill FD)
- Cold Guayaki, snacks at finish
- Beer provided by Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
- Unforgettable stories of adventure!
- Delicious lunch at Lake Sonoma
- Camping allowed Friday
Transfers: Transfer and change categories via BikeReg
plus “flow trail” (but you have to pedal!). The climbs are short and punchy and the descents ripping and dare I say…”yummy”? We will have a podium for top 3 in all categories. This is single lap race with no turn around point. It is a rugged, remote loop. Not recommended for beginner riders. Our goal is to start at the picnic area across from the Lake Sonoma Visitor’s Center. This will give plenty of time for things to thin out prior to hitting the single track and the lunch/podium area is awesome.