Date(s) - 01/26/2019
Low Gap Park
January 26, 2019
43 MILES / 5,633 FT
Old Caz has been canceled this year due to a slide and permission from the County. However, this route — the Low Gap — is on par for Hopper adventures and will not disappoint. Exactly half pavement and half dirt, the final 22 miles of dirt will be off the hook! The epitome of Nor Cal adventure riding.
We begin the day at Low Gap Park in Ukiah and after a short spin though the north part of Ukiah head west on Orr Springs Rd. This quiet Mendocino County Rd. climbs 1800 ft over the first 9 miles before dropping into the Orr Springs area and then rolls along Montgomery Woods State Reserve. There is a climb to the Comptche/Orr Springs Rd and Low Gap Rd. From mile 20-22 you gain 600″ and then make the turn onto dirt on Low Gap Rd. This county road is all dirt until the finish. Beginning at mile 22 you will climb from 1,100 ft (with a few small descents) until mile 34 at 2,662 ft. From here you have a ripping 9 mile dirt, gravel, rutted descent to the finish.
7:30 Registration/sign in at Low Gap Park.
9:30 Roll to start at Orr Springs Rd.
1:00-? Finish at Low Gap Park.
Cash prizes for top three male/female riders.
Grasshoppers have always been about adventure, exploration and pushing your limits. These are timed rides and not races. All Hopper routes are open and riders must obey all traffic laws and rules.
- A crazy hard, super fun adventure with 300 of your closest cycling buddies!
- Two hydration and nutrition feed zones. Plus other goodies
- Awesome raffle goodies at the finish from our generous sponsors
- Event timing
- Registration Packet: Guayaki Organic Energy drinks and shots, Osmo hydration and (TBD) nutrition. Custom Hopper Route Card and 2019 Grasshopper Stickers
- Emergency Medical Support en route
- Cold Guayaki, Woodfour Brewing Company Beer, snacks at finish
- Unforgettable stories of adventure!
- Prizes: Cash prizes for top 3 Male/Female
About Grasshopper Adventure Series
Grasshopper Adventure Series is the original gravel, mixed-terrain adventure series. Located in West Sonoma County in Northern California, each Hopper is unique in its route and terrain and will challenge the rider and equipment like no other race series in the world. Come to adventure and explore or come to race and shred, it’s up to you.
Choose your adventure, or better yet, ride ’em all.
A portion of the proceeds goes to: El Molino HS MB Team, Matt Wilson Memorial Scholarship, Ross Dillon Fund.
Check out Grasshopper Adventure Series for more information, maps, and videos.