Date(s) - 04/22/2017
The Bay Area’s most gorgeous hike and ride – on the Ridge Trail through Marin and across the Golden Gate.
Our signature fully-supported event is great fun and raises money to help open more miles of Ridge Trail!
Hikers, runners, and mountain bikers can all join the fun, with moderate to challenging options. Shuttles from the Presidio Main Post to trailheads in Marin allow for gorgeous one-way trips on the Ridge Trail. Everyone enjoys tasty snacks and drinks at staffed rest stops and gathers for a catered trail-side lunch!
What You’ll Enjoy at Ridge to Bridge:
- Shuttle transportation for hikers and bikers, for a one-way journey
- Healthy delicious buffet lunch at Tennessee Valley and tasty snacks and water at staffed rest stops
- Ridge to Bridge SWAG
- Detailed maps and route description; guides, sweeps, and safety support
- Traveling the trail at your own pace and enjoying camaraderie with other hikers and riders
- Satisfaction of going the distance and raising $ to build more Ridge Trail!
HIKE AND RIDE OPTIONS*:
Hike or Run:
Shuttle north in the morning and hike south on the 26 or 20 mile hike.
New! Shuttle north in the morning and hike south on the 17 or 11 mile hike, then skip the Golden Gate Bridge by shuttling back to the Presidio after Tennessee Valley.
Hike north in the morning on the 10 mile hike, then shuttle back after lunch.
Mountain Bike (mix of single-track, fire roads and pavement).
Shuttle north in the morning and ride back to the Presidio on the Endurance 40 mile, 5,000 ft of climbing.
Shuttle north in the morning and ride back to the Presidio on the Advanced 24 mile, 2,500 ft of climbing.
*Note: Equestrian ride is cancelled in 2017 due to road construction, ride will return in 2018!
2017 Registration Rates:
26, 20, 17, and 11 mile hikes; 40 and 24-mile mountain bike rides: $120
10-mile hike: $80
We reserve Rob Hill Campground in the Presidio, so you can camp Friday before or Saturday after your Ridge to Bridge adventure. (Free!)
This brand-new application from Trailhead Labs (powered by Ridge Trail staff) features maps of the Ridge to Bridge routes so you can navigate with your smartphone GPS, even without a signal! There are great features like elevation profiles and “trail vision”. Plus, explore and navigate maps of all the Ridge Trail sections!
Download for iPhone here (free)
Beta Android version just released, download here (free).
Not only is Ridge to Bridge a stupendous fully-supported hike and ride, but it is also our biggest fundraising event of the year. Individuals and teams participate in peer-to-peer fundraising to help build more miles of trail. Individual fundraisers who reach certain milestones will win coveted prizes such as:
- $25 raised – 1 free beer or wine and pretzel at the end of your hike or ride
- $100 raised – Upgrade to a long-sleeved Ridge Trail t-shirt
- $250 raised – REI Flashpack
- $1000 and up will enter you in a raffle to win prizes such as: An REI Outdoor trip for two, REI tents, chairs, and other trips and classes.
So reach out to your trail-loving friends, family, and colleagues and raise some money for the trail and win great prizes!
If you cancel your registration by April 12, we will refund the amount of your registration fees minus $20, which will remain as a tax-deductible donation to the Ridge Trail Council.
Sponsorships available, contact Events@RidgeTrail.org