Footwear company sets the bar for social entrepreneurship
KEEN is committed to inspiring responsible outdoor participation to help preserve the places we all play. The KEEN Effect is their way for to support organizations who are dedicated to just that. Through the KEEN Effect, the footwear company grants $10,000 grants to nonprofit organizations around the world who are dedicated to responsible outdoor participation.
- Projects must increase responsible outdoor participation as a way to work towards building a strong community.
- Projects should be innovative and creative.Projects should have clear goals and measurable objectives.
- Projects that introduce new audiences to the outdoors through responsible outdoor participation will receive special consideration.
- Project leads must be willing to interact with KEEN online and should leverage social media technology as appropriate.
- Project leads should be capable of working collaboratively with KEEN throughout the program process and project reports must include a minimum of five high resolution photos.
- $10,000 Grants awarded to U.S. non-profit organizations or equivalents outside of the U.S.
Application must be submitted by March 1, 2015 to be considered for the Earth Day grantee cycle. Applications received after March 1, 2015 will be considered in the second cycle, to be announced on National Public Lands Day on September 26, 2015. Grantees Announced in 76 days.
Learn more: www.keenfootwear.com/keen-effect