San Francisco Bay Area snow sports community celebrates twenty years of sharing enjoyment of Tahoe’s winter wonderland while advocating for the environment
SnowPals — the largest snow sports community (with 8,000+ members) on the west coast — is celebrating its 20th year of service to San Francisco Bay Area’s community of skiers and snowboarders of all skill levels. The grassroots organization’s core mission is to bring San Francisco Bay Area residents together to enjoy snow sports in the Lake Tahoe area and beyond. A main goal of the organization is to reduce carbon footprint impact on the environment; to that end SnowPals work diligently to encourage people to pool resources and ride share to Tahoe area resorts.
SnowPals is comprised mostly of busy professionals from all parts of the Bay Area (San Francisco, East Bay, South Bay, Peninsula, and North Bay), representing a diverse community of singles, couples, and families. What its members have in common is a love for snow sports including skiing, snowboarding, kite-skiing, cross-country skiing, telemark skiing, backcountry skiing, ice skating, snowshoeing, sledding, tubing, ice hockey, snowmobiling, and more.
Through SnowPals, Bay Area snow sports enthusiasts can:
- Find and/or offer rideshares and carpools from the San Francisco Bay Area to Lake Tahoe (and beyond!). This community-based ridesharing service is free, an alternative to Uber, Lyft and other fee-based ridesharing services. SnowPals is an easy, accessible platform from which to offer a ride, share trip and lodging expenses, expand one’s circle of ski and ride buddies … and reduce one’s carbon footprint in the process.
- Book or gift a Bay Area to Tahoe Discount Ski Bus Trip with the following discounts: $10 off one day ski bus trips, $15 off two day bus trips, and $50 off POWDER destination trips of seven or more days. Browse ski bus trip schedule and book a trip.
- Find or advertise Lake Tahoe area vacation rentals and ski leases.
- Engage in Bay Area social mixers and snow sports related events and activities organized by SnowPals.
- Get the latest news and information on Lake Tahoe area deals, promotions and discounts for ski leases, vacation rentals, lift tickets, ski resort season passes, retails, hotels, lodging, travel packages, and more.
- Get advice from fellow members on all things relating to Lake Tahoe, such as first hand snow/road conditions, ski resort insider tips, apres-ski happy hour recommendations, nightlife, places to eat and stay, and much more.
Since 1999, SnowPals has blossomed from a group of seven passionate skiers and snowboarders to a vibrant community of over 8,000 members and growing. The organization is always looking to add passionate volunteers to its crew to help with planning and organizing events and activities.
Read more about how SnowPals is “saving the planet one ride at a time” in this article by Vicki Olds: snowpals.org/2018/saving-the-planet-one-rider-at-a-time. Get more information about Bay Area to Tahoe ride sharing at snowpals.org/info/tahoe-rideshare.
Learn more and join SnowPals at SnowPals.org.