Join our dynamic team at Adventure Sports Journal!
Are you a self starter with sales experience who is passionate about outdoor sports, environmental stewardship and community?
Work from home or the ASJ office at the Santa Cruz Harbor.
Generous commission. SELL MORE, EARN MORE!
Adventure Sports Journal is based in Santa Cruz with targeted distribution from the San Francisco and Monterey Bay areas, to Sacramento, Chico, Lake Tahoe, San Luis Obispo, Los Angeles and beyond. The Account Executive will work directly under the Adventure Sports Journal Publisher and have the responsibility of managing and growing sales and accounts for a multimedia company.
Adventure Sports Journal is the essential guide to the California outdoor lifestyle through print, web, e-mail, social media and event platforms. Reaching over 100,000 readers with each print issue, 15,000 plus on the web monthly and 1500,000 at various annual events. We are part of a network of outdoor sports magazines throughout the country, offering the potential for significant growth.
While we are an established brand with dedicated readership and a core group of advertisers, we are essentially a mom and pop business with a passion for creating the best resource for outdoor enthusiasts. With a business model based on advertising sales, we think it is time to actually hire a salesperson. We look forward to creating an exciting opportunity for the right person.
• Grow advertising sales, meeting predetermined sales goals and helping develop revenue growth strategies.
• Grow sales across all platforms – print, web, e-news, event program and sponsorship opportunities.
• Aid in marketing and social media activities.
• Participate in and help coordinate Adventure Sports Journal events.
• Work closely with distribution, art and web teams in Santa Cruz, CA to ensure timely and accurate production of advertisements that meet client expectations.
• Ability to establish and grow client relationships.
• Opportunity to sell into sister publications in other parts of the country.
• Experience in sales for print and digital consumer media.
• Demonstrated personal sales growth a plus.
• Exceptional communication, time management and planning skills are required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excel experience required, Salesforce experience is a plus.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business preferred.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter with total compensation expectations, including your current base salary, to firstname.lastname@example.org