- Gear We Love: Issue #128 - 05/27/2023
- Earthtalk: What Can We Do To Save Dying Coral Reefs? - 03/28/2023
- 805 Beer Presents: “Inverted Perspective,” The Vicki Golden Story - 03/10/2023
Date(s) - 04/19/2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tahoe Adventure Challenge | Saturday August 19, 2023
The Tahoe Adventure Challenge California’s longest running Adventure Race and a multi-sport event in which teams and individuals participate and compete in kayaking or stand up paddling, mountain biking, trail running, and navigation. Designed such that participating teams will complete in an 8 hour maximum time. Teams travel on land and lake to gather as many checkpoints as possible and finish within the 8 hour time limit.
However, don’t take the Tahoe Big Blue lightly as the event starts out at 6200’ and heads up to 9000’ and will include challenging and steep terrain. No matter how long your adventure takes we promise to greet you with a smile as you cross the finish line and provide you with a festive post race party, food and beer.
Defined by both the incredible beauty of Lake Tahoe and the towering peaks of the High Sierra, North Lake Tahoe is one of the world’s most famous sporting playgrounds. The “North Shore” has an almost endless variety of spectacular mountain biking trails, adventurous hikes and, of course, waterborne activities on the “Big Blue” – Lake Tahoe – one of the largest, deepest and purest alpine lakes on earth.
The Tahoe Adventure Challenge is a celebration of the natural environment of the North Shore, and the perfect climate of “Indian Summer.” September is a favorite month of Tahoe locals… and no wonder: daytime temperatures are in the 80’s with the evenings cooling into the 60’s, the skies are deep blue with only an occasional afternoon thunderstorm rolling through (to help keep the dust down on the trails!). This is a perfect time for a visit to the Big Blue.
|Fees||By 6/30||By 8/17||Onsite if Available|
|2 Person Team||$290||$310||$330|
|3 Person Team||$435||$465||$495|
Processing fees not included in the above pricing.
Included with registration:
- Event T-shirt
- BBQ, cold beverages
- Medical Staff
All competitors to carry the following at all times:
All items listed below are to be carried by each competitor at ALL times.
- Backpack with our without water bladder
- Fleece lightweight long sleeve top
- Waterproof top outer layer, jacket or shell
- Hat, with visor
- Protective eye wear
Mountain Biking Equipment:
- Mountain Bike
- Helmet that meets the ANSI or Snell safety standards
- Bikes Gloves
- Bike tools including; patch kit, pump/CO2, inner tubes, chain tool, allen keys, and tire irons. Ability to fix a flat!
On Water Equipment:
- Kayak(s) Stand Up Paddle Board(s), enough for each team member. Any arrangement of kayaks (solo or tandem) is OK.
- P.F.D. US Coast Guard approved Life Jacket
- Leash for SUP’s
All Teams including Solo competitors to carry the following:
- Small First Aid Kit
- Additional “dry” racing garments
- Bandana-face mask
- Eye Drops/wash
- Waterproof map container/holder
Learn More Here