- Gear We Love: Issue #128 - 05/27/2023
- Earthtalk: What Can We Do To Save Dying Coral Reefs? - 03/28/2023
- 805 Beer Presents: “Inverted Perspective,” The Vicki Golden Story - 03/10/2023
Date(s) - 07/23/2023
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Alpine Fresh Water Swim
Truckee Donner Lake Open Water Swim, Sunday July 23, 2023
Welcome to the Alpine Fresh Water Swim. Held in Donner Lake a beautiful clean and clear Alpine lake in Truckee CA.
The Town of Truckee is a unique mountain town with many fun and rewarding experiences.
The Alpine Fresh Water Swim takes place concurrently with the Donner Lake Triathlon. Click here or on the logo for information on the DLT where you could also participate in a Triathlon, Aquabike, and have the kids enter in the DLT Kids Triathlon.
Note, formally named the Truckee Open Water Swim, Truckee Swim and Swim Truckee.
|Alpine Fresh Water Swim||By 12/31||By 7/22||Onsite if Available|
|1/2 mile youth/senior||$45.00||$50.00||$65.00|
|1.2 mile youth/senior||$55.00||$60.00||$75.00|
|2.4 mile youth/senior||$65.00||$70.00||$85.00|
Processing fees not included.
Senior is 65+ Youth is 18 and under
Included with registration:
- Swim Cap
- Recovery Food
- Age Group and Overall Awards
- Advance Live Support onsite
Course Distance Options
All courses start just off the beach. You’ll stand shin deep looking due east across the 3 miles of Donner Lake. Large buoys mark your route.
- All course distances qualify for the Championship
- 1/2 mile course is two left turns and back to the finish
- 1.2 mile course is two left turns and back to the finish
- 2.4 mile course is two left turns, short beach run, then a second lap, and back to the finish
Bring your friends and family as the course are easily viewed from the shore.
- Water temperature should be mid 60’s
- Wetsuits are allowed but not required
- Results, we score in the Wetsuit and Non Wetsuit division
- Need a Wetsuit? Let us know, we can help you out.
Learn More Here