70th Warren Miller film debuts this fall Press Release // warrenmiller.com Boulder, Colo. – August...Read More
Answer this correctly for your chance to win an ENO hammock!
- I was a skate pro in the 1980s with a popular deck.
- After retiring as a pro skater, I went to college to study business.
- In 1994 I dropped out of college to start a major brand in a different action sports category.
- My action sports brand was purchased by a Dutch company in 2015.
Can you name this athlete/entrepreneur?
Bonus: Tell us why this person is a gamechanger.
RULES & REGULATIONS: Entries must be received by mail or through the adventuresportsjournal.com contest sign-up page by 12:00am PST on May 19th, 2017. One entry per person. One winner per household. Sweepstakes open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older. Void wherever prohibited by law. Families and employees of Adventure Sports Journal and participating …Read More
Who Am I?
Answer this correctly for your chance to win ENO camping lights!
• In 1972, I authored the now famous essay, “The Whole Natural Art of Protection”
• “The father of clean climbing.”-Climbing Magazine- referred to my 1973 hammerless ascent of Half Dome with Galen Rowell and Dennis Hennek. This visionary ascent was featured on the cover of National Geographic and is widely credited for ushering in the modern standard for clean climbing.
• My first ascent list includes Dark Star on Temple Crag, the longest alpine rock climb in the Sierra, V-Notch Couloir on Polemonium Peak, Ice Nine on Mt. Mendel, and the 2nd ascent of Ama Dablam in Nepal, to name a few.
• I led the first continuous ski traverse of the 250-mile John Muir Trail in 1970.
• I hold the current speed record for skiing the Sierra High Route: 50 miles and over …Read More
Sonoma County cyclist wins grand prize package including dinner with legendary Keith Bontrager
We’re thrilled to announce the grand prize winner of our social media photo contest. Melissa Wonders of Santa Rosa has won a Bontrager Flare R Tail Light, an overnight stay for two at Hotel Paradox in Santa Cruz, two rental bikes of choice from Epicenter Cycling, a guided MTB ride for two with The Ride Guides, AND dinner in Santa Cruz with Keith Bontrager himself. Melissa’s fun photo and perfect caption hit all the right notes – congratulations, Melissa!
We received a vast array of great shots to choose from, and thank everyone who participated in the contest. Hot on Melissa’s heels was Bob Ward of Santa Fe, New Mexico, whose images of trail riding at sunset with his canine friend are positively breathtaking … so much so, that we have a …Read More
Be Louder. Be SEEN. Rechargeable Bontrager Flare R Tail Light’s high visibility keeps you safe day and night
Enter to WIN this amazing GRAND PRIZE package that includes dinner with Keith Bontrager!
• Bontrager Flare R Tail Light
• Overnight stay for two at Hotel Paradox in Santa Cruz
• Rental bikes of choice from Epicenter Cycling
• Guided MTB ride for two with The Ride Guides
• Dinner in Santa Cruz with the legendary Keith Bontrager
How To Enter
Post a photo to Facebook and/or Instagram or you and your bike in a place/situation you’d feel better running the Bontrager Flare R Tail Light (day/night, commute, spin, to and from the trail, etc.). Post with the hashtags #ASJBontrager and #BeLouder by midnight December 31, 2015, and we’ll announce our favorite shot on January 4, 2016!
Nine additional winners will be selected to receive Bontrager …