Date(s) - 06/04/2023
6:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Therm-A-Rest Neoair Xlite™ Nxt Sleeping Pad – 05/22/2023
- 2023 Music Festival Guide – 05/17/2023
- EarthTalk: No Mow Way, Let it Grow – 05/16/2023
The Sequoia Supports Local Charities
Continuing our tradition as a Challengingly Beautiful cycling experience with the simple goal to raise funds for local cycling-centric entities and the three Coastside organizations.
For the 2023 event, we are offering 3 well-supported route options from a mellow 59 miles, to a more vigorous 76 miles and the iconic 101 mile route with over 10,000 feet of gain!
This year’s one-day Sunday event will include: The Foothill College Start & Finish with free parking, mechanic support, am snacks and coffee! All 3 routes are marked with RouteArrows and strategically placed rest stop locations with SAG and Radio coverage. You’ll have route maps and cue sheets available, as well as Ride with GPS downloads. And at the finish line we’ll have our famous ice-cold chocolate milk and a deliciously festive hot meal.
This year you can purchase your bright and colorful jersey directly from Voler. Be sure to register as soon as possible and order your jersey well ahead of the June 4th event date!
To date, The Sequoia has donated over $56,000 to Coastside charities and cycling organizations.
Our 2023 list of Coastside charities includes:
- Puente serves the entire south coast community with essential and broad support including COVID-19 testing, food distribution, financial assistance, transportation, health care and education. Puente is successful in bringing healthcare providers “into the field” to treat workers, families, seniors and children and is the bridge to fitness, preventative healthcare and insurance for many hundreds of hardworking people. (https://mypuente.org/)
- La Honda Volunteer Fire Brigade is an all-volunteer organization that exists to protect the lives, property and environment in the La Honda community and surrounding areas. In 2022, this team was dispatched to over 400 various incidents such as medical aid, traffic collisions, downed power lines and trees, general public assistance and water rescues at San Gregorio Beach and Pescadero Creek. Their efforts were invaluable in battling the massive and devastating CZU complex fires in 2020. (https://www.lahondafire.org/)
- Abundant Grace Coastside Worker organization is focused on locals who are experiencing or are at-risk of homelessness. AGCW provides skill training, community building, meaningful employment, as well as other services. One of AGCW’s several programs is collaborating with Potrero Nuevo Farm (owners of The Bike Hut), employing unhoused people and farmworkers who plant and harvest over 20,000 pounds of fresh, organic products each year. (https://abundantgracecw.org/)
Our list of supported cycling organizations includes:
And you can purchase a colorful custom jersey you’ll be proud to own directly from Voler! Be sure to register early to receive it ahead of the ride!
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Three 2023 Sequoia Routes [Details Here]
4 Ways to follow your preferred course:
Detailed descriptions on the Sequoia Route Page
To register for The Sequoia 2023 click here
Questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page here, and if you don’t find the answer you are looking for please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictures by Captivating Sports Photos
We reserve the right to cancel The Sequoia 2023 event for any reason.
Net proceeds support these and other non-profit organizations. Over $56,000 donated since 2017.