- Georgetown Enduro – CES Round 2 - 05/23/2023
- China Peak Enduro Postponed until September 2 - 04/03/2023
- Race Report: California Enduro Series 2023 Round 1 – Ensenada Bike Fest Enduro - 03/23/2023
Pivot Cycles Trail 429 will be raffled to support of trail-building organizations
Press Release / Tucson, AZ • August 9, 2018
EPIC RIDES TODAY ANNOUNCED THE FOURTH BIKE in the 2018 Epic Rides Hail the Trail fundraiser: for $5 all are encouraged to purchase a raffle ticket to be eligible to win the new carbon fiber Pivot Cycles Trail 429 Pro XT/XTR 1x (MSRP $6,500).
Outfitted with top-of-the-line products from Epic Rides sponsors including Maxxis Minion DHR II and Rekon Tires, a Fox Float Factory DPS EVOL Shock, a Fox 34 Factory 29” 130mm Fork, a Fox Transfer Dropper Post, and a Stan’s NoTubes Crest CB7 Wheelset.
The winner will be drawn on Thursday, October 11, following the Inaugural Oz Trails Off-Road in Bentonville & Bella Vista, Arkansas.
Since launching in March, the 2018 Hail the Trail fundraiser has raised more than 55 percent of its $40,000 goal. So far, three of the four mountain bikes – each worth more than $6,000 – have been awarded, thanks to Official Bike Partners Specialized Bicycles, Cannondale and Pivot Cycles.
“We have had an incredible time at the Epic Rides Series thus far and are looking forward to heading to Northwest Arkansas in October,” said Rachel Byus, Pivot Cycle’s Executive Assistant and Athlete Coordinator. “We are super excited to announce a partnership with Stan’s Notubes to giveaway one of our newest models, the Trail 429 with a custom set of Stan’s Crest CB7 wheels. The proceeds for this raffle will benefit the Oz Trail systems, which we can’t wait to get out and ride!”
National fundraiser facilitates local initiatives
Hail the Trail will benefit the following non-profit trail organizations that maintain the trails in each Off-Road Series host community with all proceeds from Hail the Trail being evenly distributed between the four trail-building organizations, while setting up four lucky supporters with brand new mountain bikes.
- Prescott Mountain Bike Alliance (PMBA) will use their portion of the funds to launch a new youth ride program designed to get up to 75 kids involved in trail work on the Prescott National Forest.
- Colorado Plateau Mountain Bike Association (COPMOBA) will use their portion for new trail construction to complete the Mack Ridge project in the Grand Valley.
- Muscle Powered will use their portion to construct new trails, including the Capital Connector, a trail that will connect the Tahoe Rim Trail to the federally acclaimed Ash to Kings Trail by way of Spooner Lake Nevada State Park. And the new Lincoln Bypass Trail, which will extend Longview trail, also connecting to the Ash to Kings trail. Both projects will deliver increased singletrack connectivity for more recreational opportunities.
- Friends of Arkansas Single Track (FAST) will use their portion of the funds raised to develop a volunteer recognition and appreciation program to grow stewardship within FAST.
Tickets for the 2018 Hail the Trail fundraiser can be purchased at epicrides.com/hailthetrail.
Pivot Cycles is offering the public a free demo opportunity to ride the new Trail 429 Pro XT/XTR 1x at the Oz Trails Off-Road Demo Day on September 1 (Labor Day Weekend). The public is encouraged to RSVP: facebook.com/events/1414692215306205/
For more information on Epic Rides and the Off-Road Series, visit epicrides.com or follow Epic Rides and #offroadseries on Facebook, @epicrides on Instagram and Twitter. For more information on the four beneficiary Hail the Trail organizations, visit prescottmtb.com, copmoba.org, musclepowered.org and fasttrails.org.
About Epic Rides
Founded in 1999, Epic Rides has become world famous for producing events that celebrate the many positive aspects of mountain biking. Events such as the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo presented by Tucson Medical Center, Tour of the White Mountains, Grand Junction Off-Road, Whiskey Off-Road, Carson City Off-Road, and the new-for-2018 Oz Trails Off-Road are popular with participants because they offer challenging, fun riding and emphasize the joy and camaraderie inherent in the sport.