Date(s) - 05/13/2023
King Ridge Dirt Supreme
May 13, 2023
Option #1 King Ridge-Annapolis (w/Kruse Rd.)
80 miles / 8,254 ft.
Option #2 King Ridge-TinBarn-Skaggs (w/Kruse Rd.)
65 miles / 6,498 ft
Feedzone #1: King Ridge and Tin Barn (end of segment 1)
Grasshoppers have always been about adventure, exploration and pushing your limits. All Hopper routes are open and riders must obey all traffic laws and rules. See RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
Prizes: Podium top 3 in all categories. LONG COURSE ONLY. Riders competing for series points must do long course with Annapolis. Magnum of RedCar wine for 1st M/W. Prizes only, no cash for Pro/Open field.
This a classic Hopper road stage. The only dirt/gravel section is Kruse Ranch Rd. which can easily be done on a road bike. Whether you are on a road or gravel bike I’d recommend 30/32 c slicks for the day.
- 6:30-9:00 Registration/sign in open
- Staging/Start: We will have no official Staging/Start. Read below for details.
Course change: There will be just ONE segment.
Awards/Podium will be at 2:30. We’ll have pizza from Gold Coast Bakery, lunch w/ Chef Matt Accarrino and cold Sierra Nevada, so hopefully you can stick around.
Below you will find the start/end time limits for each segment.
Note: It’s ESSENTIAL that you do NOT WRAP your race number. It must be mounted flat on your handlebars without bending the timing chip. With this timing format there is no way to manually enter riders times if the chip from their number plate is not read.
- Refer to the map on the web page (RidewithGPS) for the exact location of the segments. They are the same for the Long and Short Course
- You must roll out in the time slots noted below, BUT you do NOT have to roll out in your specific age group.
- There will NOT be pre race announcements or mass roll out. Please roll out in small groups of 2-10 riders.
- Start – ALL (9:30-10:30) (mile 12)
- Please roll out solo or in small groups
- End/Close -No cut off for end of segment 1
Podium 2:30 Gold Coast Coffee
Transfers: Online transfer window is closed. Day of transfers can be done for $20.
A portion of the proceeds will benefit the “Volunteer Fire Foundation“
- A crazy hard, super fun adventure with 300 of your closest cycling buddies!
- Two Osmo hydration and nutrition feed zones
- Awesome prizes at the finish from our generous sponsors
- Event timing
- Emergency Medical Support en route
- Cold Guayaki, Sierra Nevada beer
- Unforgettable stories of adventure!
Transfers: $10. Use BikeReg to make transfers or change categories/routes.