- Gear We Love: Issue #128 - 05/27/2023
- Earthtalk: What Can We Do To Save Dying Coral Reefs? - 03/28/2023
- 805 Beer Presents: “Inverted Perspective,” The Vicki Golden Story - 03/10/2023
Date(s) - 08/27/2023
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Lake Tahoe Swim | Sunday August 27, 2023
Welcome to the Lake Tahoe Open Water Swim
Lake Tahoe is one of the world’s most famous sporting playgrounds. The region has an almost endless variety of spectacular mountain biking trails, adventurous hikes and, of course, waterborne activities on the “Big Blue” – Lake Tahoe – one of the largest, deepest and purest alpine lakes on earth. The Lake Tahoe Open Water Swim is a celebration of the natural environment of the Tahoe region featuring the beautiful, clear and clean water of Lake Tahoe and the white sand beaches of California’s Ed’ZBerg Sugar Pine State Park. There is a 1/2 mile, 1.2 mile, and 2.4 mile course set up just off the beach of the scenic Ehrman Mansion where spectators can see the action first hand from the beach and grounds. Plan to stay for the weekend and give the Lake Tahoe Sprint Triathlon a go as it the day prior to the swim.
Note: There is a $15 per day parking fee.
|Lake Tahoe Swim||By 12/31||By 8/26||Onsite if Available|
|1/2 mile youth/senior||$45.00||$50.00||$65.00|
|1.2 mile youth/senior||$55.00||$60.00||$75.00|
|2.4 mile youth/senior||$65.00||$70.00||$85.00|
Processing fees not included.
Senior is 65+ Youth is 18 and under
Included with registration:
- Swim Cap
- Recovery Food
- Age Group and Overall Awards
- Advance Live Support onsite
Course Distance Options
All courses start just off the beach. You’ll stand shin deep looking due east across the 12 miles of Lake Tahoe. Large buoys mark your route.
- All course distances qualify for the Championship
- See the Google Map for the swim course layout
- 1/2 mile course TBD
- 1.2 mile course
- 2.4 mile course
Bring your friends and family as the course are easily viewed from the shore.
- Water temperature should be high 60’s
- Wetsuits are allowed but not required
- Results, we score in the Wetsuit and Non Wetsuit division
- Need a Wetsuit? Let us know and we can help you out.
Learn More Here