- California Brown Pelican Illness and Mortality - 06/15/2022
- Lake Tahoe To Receive 100,000 Lahontan Cutthroat Trout This Summer - 06/12/2022
- Protect Juristac: A Call For Help - 06/06/2022
Santa Cruz Mountains Challenge • July 23, 2022
Photos by Tom Pennello
The 2022 Santa Cruz Mountains Challenge road cycling ride returns to the University of California Santa Cruz campus for the 22nd iteration of the event. This will be a fully supported ride. We will abide by all mandated safety norms to ensure the safety of our riders and the community.
The Santa Cruz Mountains Challenge is one of the most difficult and scenic centuries in California. Riders may choose a level of difficulty to match their ability, with the 200K route equaling the difficulty of the Death Ride
The ride routes are similar to past rides with the grand daddy Double Metric coming in at 125 Miles and 12,000′ of climbing.
There are four routes to choose from:
- 45 Miles (43.6 miles) with about 2,900 feet of climbing.
- Metric Century (62.6 miles) with 6,500 feet of climbing.
- Century (101.5 miles) with about 9,830 feet of climbing.
- Double Metric Century (125 miles) with 11,990 feet of climbing.
Registration for this year’s ride is open. Fees go up in June and online registration closes on July 21st.
Supporting local non-profits
As always, the Santa Cruz Mountains Challenge ride supports local Santa Cruz County non-profit cycling initiatives such as the Bike Co-op, Trips4Kids, UCSC Slug Cycling and the Community Bike Collective.
More information can be found on the event website at:
Check out other events here.