- Full containment of Oak Fire expected by Wednesday - 08/08/2022
- Dodge Ridge Opens for First-Ever Season of Chairlift-Accessed Mountain Biking - 08/06/2022
- Biden-harris Administration Announces $3.4 Million in Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Funds for Lake Tahoe Basin To Address Aquatic Invasive Species - 08/06/2022
Social distancing yoga classes designed to strengthen and stretch while you laugh and connect
You already know our back-country editor Leonie Sherman is a passionate plant-based wilderness athlete, but did you also know she’s a Yoga Alliance Certified Yoga Teacher who has taught yoga and meditation for 15 years? She loves introducing students to the joys of being present in their bodies and her teaching style skillfully combines her spiritual practice, athletic ability and infectious enthusiasm for life.
Your Invitation from Leonie
- Saturday May 2, 8-9 AM // Wake Up and Go All levels dynamic sequence to help you flow into your day with strength and grace. Especially appropriate for Alaskan, US-based and European friends.
- Sunday May 3, 8:30-9:30 AM // Wake Up and Flow All levels class to get you ready for your Sunday. Especially appropriate for Alaskan, US based and European friends.
- Sunday May 3, 8-9 PM // Dynamic Flow Stretch, strengthen and open. Especially appropriate for Australian friends.
- Monday May 4, 7-7:30 AM // Warm Up Your Spine Join for half an hour of gentle movement to prepare your body for the week ahead. Especially appropriate for Alaskan, US based and European friends.
- Monday May 4, 6:30-7:30 PM // Yoga for Hikers and Cyclists Stretch your legs and hip flexors, open your shoulders and chest with this dynamic sequence. Especially appropriate for Australian friends and friends based in Alaska or on the west coast of the US.
- Tuesday May 5, 8-9 AM // More Core This class will work our abdominals and stabilize our core with deep twists and a variety of fun strength-building exercises. Especially appropriate for Alaskan, US based and European friends.
- Wednesday May 6, 7-7:30 AM // Warm Up To Your Day Join for a half hour sequence that will prepare you for the day ahead. Especially appropriate for European and US based friends.