- Kaua‘i’s Nāpali Coast - 04/30/2021
- Ely On Track to Become the Next Mountain Biking Mecca - 04/30/2021
- MOUNTAIN BIKERS OF SANTA CRUZ IS NOW THE SANTA CRUZ MOUNTAINS TRAIL STEWARDSHIP - 04/13/2021
Several Popular Events are Back on the Calendar this Fall
Sept. 12 & Sept. 17-20
ELY, Nev. – Swap working remotely for playing remotely in Nevada’s hidden gem. Ely is back open for tourism and there’s already a slew of uniquely Ely events on the calendar. About a four-hour drive from Las Vegas and Salt Lake City and five hours from Reno, Ely is known for its rugged, undisturbed wilderness and unique history. It’s also making a name for itself among mountain bikers thanks to dozens of miles of some of the best singletrack mountain biking you’ll find in the United States.
For travelers looking for a true, wild west road trip, here’s a breakdown of some of the events scheduled for this fall:
- Race the Rails Bike Race (Sept. 12): Mountain bikers test their skills on a challenging 10-mile course through the beautiful mountains surrounding Ely, while road bikers prove their speed and endurance on a 25-mile course along roads and highways in the area. Everyone who finishes the course will receive a medal
- Silver State Classic Challenge (Sept.17-20): For car racing enthusiasts, the Silver State Classic Challenge may seem too good to be true. An open-road race on a closed public highway? And I can drive my street car as fast as I want? But it is true, and car enthusiasts from around the world flock to Ely, Nev., every year to live that dream.
- Fears, Tears and Beers Mountain Bike Enduro (Postponed TBD): It’s the oldest and toughest mountain biking enduro race in the country. Bikers ride through two casinos to the top of Ward mountain and are timed at specific sections of the course. There are anywhere from two to seven sections, mostly consisting of twisty downhills and sprints. The sum of the times on these special tests determine the winner.
Those that miss the events, never fear! Ely is a great place for all mountain bikers– from novices to those looking to push themselves on the most challenging terrain. Highlights around Ely include Cave Lake State Park and Murray Summit Trail System amongst many more.
Fears, Tears and Beers
Bikes vs Trains: Race the Rails