Save the date for these six fun and challenging enduro races
Words by Michele Charboneau • Photos by Kasey Carames
California Enduro Series has announced the six-event schedule for the 2020 season, presented by Specialized. Adventure Sports Journal is proud to be a founding sponsor of this grassroots enduro race series, which heads into its 8th year.
The series is bringing back two favorite events from years past: the Toro Enduro presented by CCCX, which will kick off the season on May 23 in Salinas, and the Mammoth Bar Enduro presented by TBF Racing, which will take place June 13 in Auburn.
The China Peak Enduro, presented by China Peak Mountain Resort — which has been on the CES line-up since the debut of the series — will take place June 27 in Lakeshore; it will again be a qualifier event for the Enduro World Series (EWS).
The Mt. Shasta Enduro, presented by Mt. Shasta Ski Park, will then bring racers to the south slope of NorCal’s iconic Mt. Shasta on July 18 for a second year on the CES schedule.
More big mountain action will take place at the Northstar Enduro, presented by Northstar California Resort, which returns to CES for the 7th time on August 22-23. The two-day event is also the finale for the EWS North American Enduro Series.
The 2020 season will conclude in style as usual with the Ashland Mountain Challenge, presented by Ashland Mountain Adventures, on October 3. This race is also a qualifier event for EWS.
eMTB categories will be available for four of the six 2020 races: Toro Enduro, China Peak Enduro, Mt. Shasta Enduro, and Northstar Enduro.
New for this coming season, Open eMTB will replace Expert eMTB categories. The four 2020 eMTB categories will be: Open eMTB Men, Open eMTB Women, Sport eMTB Men, and Sport eMTB.
FOX Queen Stage
2020 is also rolling out the all-new FOX Queen Stage at each race. The racer in each category with the fastest time on this particular stage will get bonus points towards their overall ranking.
Of course, winning a race and winning the overall are the goals, but we all like stage wins as well. For the 2020 season, we’ll be tracking stage wins, offering a bonus prize for the male and female amateur racer with the most stage wins at the end of the season.
Schedule at a Glance
Be sure to put these dates on your calendar, and to stay tuned for registration announcements and other news.
- May 23 – Toro Enduro (+eMTB) at Toro Park in Salinas, presented by CCCX
- June 13 – Mammoth Bar Enduro at Auburn State Recreation Area and Mammoth Bar OHV, presented by TBF Racing
- June 27 – China Peak Enduro (+eMTB) at China Peak Mountain Resort in Lakeshore, presented by China Peak Mountain Resort EWS Qualifier Event
- July 18 – Mt. Shasta Enduro (+eMTB) at Mt. Shasta Ski Park in McCloud, presented by Mt. Shasta Ski Park
- August 22-23 – Northstar Enduro (+eMTB) at Northstar California Resort in Truckee, presented by Northstar California Resort EWS NAES finale
- October 3 – Ashland Mountain Challenge at Lithia Park in Ashland OR, presented by Ashland Mountain Adventures EWS Qualifier Event
CES is made possible by the generous sponsorship of industry and community businesses.
The series is grateful for the continued support of title sponsor Specialized, official suspension sponsor FOX, Race Face, Adventure Sports Journal, and Zodiac Lights.
If you’d like to get involved and be part of CES’ exciting 2020 season, send an email to email@example.com.
Learn more at californiaenduroseries.com.