- adidas Terrex Athlete Timothy Olson Sets New Record Across the Pacific Crest Trail - 07/27/2021
- Water Ways - 07/26/2021
- Gear We Love: Issue #118 - 07/18/2021
Events to celebrate bike month in Lake Tahoe
For many of us, June marks the beginning of summer, and there’s no better way to kick off the summer season than hopping on your bike and getting outdoors! Below includes information on registering for the Tahoe Bike Challenge and other upcoming events to celebrate Tahoe Bike Month. If you have questions or are interested in becoming a member or volunteering, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling out the contact form on our website at tahoebike.org.
Tahoe Bike Challenge
The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency and the Lake Tahoe Bicycle Coalition are hosting the 16th Annual Tahoe Bike Challenge. This fun and free competition runs through the whole month of June, and encourages people to experience the joys and benefits of riding a bike anywhere and any time. There are lots of fantastic prizes to tempt your team. It’s not to late to sing up.
To register visit: lovetoride.net/tahoe
Other Events to Celebrate Bike Month in Lake Tahoe
- South Shore Bike Path Cleanup (Tuesday, June 1 from 5 – 7:30PM)
- Join us for a Tahoe Bike Challenge kickoff event by cleaning popular sections of bike paths in South Lake Tahoe.
- Register at clean-tahoe.org/bike-path-cleanup
- North Shore Clean Up Days (Saturday, June 5 from 9AM – 1PM)
- North Lake Tahoe’s 26th Annual Clean Up Days will take place in Kings Beach, Tahoe Vista, Carnelian Bay and Crystal Bay. Over 100 volunteers will take to the streets to pick up trash. Last year, over 2,500 pounds of trash was collected.
- Register at northtahoebusiness.org/clean-up-days/
- Truckee Day (Saturday, June 5 from 8AM – 10AM)
- The 18th annual Truckee Day is a great way to show love to the amazing Town of Truckee by rallying the community together to beautify the streets.
- Register at keeptruckeegreen.org/volunteer/truckee-day-volunteer/
- Trail Update Webinar (Friday, June 11 at 12PM)
- Join us for a special Bike Month feature with representatives from the Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association (TAMBA) and Tahoe Rim Trail Association (TRTA). Patrick Parsel with TAMBA and Morgan Steel with the TRTA will present on upcoming trail projects in the Tahoe Basin. Q&A session will follow the presentations.
- Register for the Zoom event here
To celebrate Tahoe Bike Month, all participants are encouraged to bike to in-person events and record their miles in the Tahoe Bike Challenge!
Support the Lake Tahoe Bicycle Coalition!
Your support will help us continue making Tahoe more bicycle-friendly. We want to provide more bike racks, increase bike valet parking, improve our bike mapping, and continue advocating for more bike paths and trails, but we can’t do it without you. Consider becoming a member today!