- Fly to Bishop – Flights Now Available - 01/20/2022
- Banff Centre Mountain Film Festival World Tour – Santa Cruz - 01/12/2022
- ENO FieldDay Blanket - 12/11/2021
August 24, 2019 • Big Oak Flat, CA
Race or just ride one of the steepest climbs in the US. This event will be filmed for a Flatlander Films feature documentary about Tom Frost.
A few years ago, when Frost was 79 years old, he engaged multi-award winning bicycle builder Rob English to create a lightweight road bike to help him climb Old Priest grade. Frost had shared his desire with fellow climbing legend Conrad Anker, whose family has owned the land since the 1800s and runs the Priest Station Cafe at the top of the spectacular grade. Unfortunately, Frost passed before fulfilling this dream.
Join Anker, Hans Florine, Rob English and many other special guests at this event honoring Frost and his dream.
- 6:00am- (recommended) Leave Priest Station Cafe for warm up
- 6:30am- Start Line (bottom of the grade)
- 6:40am- Race Start
- 6:42am- Ride Start
- 7:15-10am- Pancake Breakfast at Priest Station Cafe
NOTE: Old Priest Grade will be CLOSED to car/truck traffic during the event.